Many foreigners arrive in China to work and live during August and September. We've gathered some handy tips that might help as you or your friends settle in.
许多外国人会在8月和9月来到中国工作和生活。我们最近收集了一些您或您的朋友们到达中国后可能需要的有用信息。
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
Before Visiting China
访华前准备
 
1. Accommodation and Flight Tickets 
住宿和机票
 
2. How to Bring Money to China
携带外币入境中国
 
3. Foreigner Communities
外国人社区
 
4. Phone Check
检查手机
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
1. Accommodation and Flight Tickets
住宿和机票
 
 
Trip.com
携程国际版
 
 
Foreign travellers can make hotel reservations and purchase flight tickets online through the Trip.com APP, telephone, or other means.
外国旅客可通过携程国际版Trip.com APP在线预订或者通过电话等方式预约酒店及购买机票。
 
You'll need to show your passport or valid ID for hotel check-in.
住宿酒店需提供护照或其他有效证件在酒店前台进行登记。
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
2. How to Bring Money to China
携带外币入境中国
 
 
Carry foreign currency cash 
携带外币现钞入境并兑换
 
If you carry foreign currency cash or securities equivalent to 5,000 USD or less, you don't need to declare it to customs;
个人携带外币现钞等入境,等值5000美元(含)以下的,无需向海关申报;
 
You should declare it in writing if it's more than 5,000 USD.
超过等值5000 美元的,应向海关书面申报。
 
For those who frequently travel back and forth on the same day or within a short period, regardless of the amount of foreign cash they carry, they should declare it in writing to customs.
当天多次往返及短期内多次往返者第二次及以上入境,不论携带外币现钞的金额大小,均应向海关书面申报。
 
Bring Your Bank Card
携带外卡
 
With an overseas card, you can withdraw cash from ATMs in China, make card payments, and link to WeChat/Alipay for consumption. 
外卡可以在中国ATM取现金、刷卡、绑定微信/支付宝消费。
 
For details, please scan the QR code below to read the Guide to Payment Services in China and download and link to WeChat/Alipay in advance.
具体请扫下方二维码查看《在华支付指南》,提前下载绑定微信/支付宝。
 
 
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
3. Foreigner Community
外国人社区
 
 
Before coming to China, you can seek assistance on the Reddit community by posting your queries or checking existing threads for helpful advice.
在来中国之前,您可以在Reddit社区上发帖咨询问题或查看现有帖子,以获取有用的建议。
 
 
Reddit Community r/chinalife
Reddit 社区 - 中国生活
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
4. Phone check
检查手机
 
 
Make sure your phone is not carrier-locked so that you can use local SIM cards in China.
确保你的手机没有被运营商锁定,这样你就可以在中国使用当地的SIM卡。
 
Check with your mobile service provider that your phone will work with the 3G and 4G networks in China.
向你的移动服务提供商确认,你的手机能够在中国使用3G和4G网络。